HOW CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT?
Questions can be directed to Bret Salscheider, CEO, at [email protected] or via phone at 715-818-6020.
Q & A about the New Adams County YMCA Express Center
Many questions have surfaced over the past month since the John E Alexander South Wood County YMCA (SWC YMCA) announced their plans to expand programs and services in Adams County through the development of a new Adams County YMCA Express Center. We sit down with Bret Salscheider, Chief Executive Officer of the South Wood County YMCA to learn more.
WHAT WILL THIS PROJECT MEAN IN TERMS OF COMMUNITY IMPACT?
This project will be a catalyst for enabling and promoting healthy living for children, adults and families within our community. It will ensure that all, regardless of age and socio economic background, have access to world class, life changing health & wellbeing programming and services. Together, we are committed to increasing our capacity to meet that need and will strive to make Adams County one of the healthiest places to live.
WHERE IS THE PROJECT BEING LOCATED?
The project will be located at the corner of Park and Cedar Streets in the town of Adams.
WHY THIS LOCATION?
The location is in the heart of the community and makes the new facility easily accessible to all in the greater Adams County region.
The location has many assets that benefit the project and the community. Benefits include:
· Being centrally located
· High accessibility and visibility
· Adjacent to Burt Morris Park
· Access to biking and walking trails
· Supports strong community linkages and program opportunities with the Adams County Community Center, Mid State Technical College and the Adams-Friendship Middle School.
· Generates a central hub and gathering space for children, adults and families.
In 2017, the YMCA conducted a market feasibility study that tested two possible options: Burt Morris Park area and the Adams Industrial Park. Both locations were viewed very favorably by respondents.
It is our view that this site location will optimize accessibility, visibility for residents in Adams County and align strongly with key community priorities of attracting & retaining young people/families, openness to new ideas, strengthening the economy and access to recreation.
When does the Adams facility open?
- The Adams facility is scheduled to open on August 30th, 2021 at 8:00am
What amenities does the Adams facility have?
- State-of-the-art wellness center with a full array of strength and cardio equipment
- Group Exercise Studio / Multi-Purpose for meetings and educational programming
- Drop-in child watch area
- Universal locker rooms
- Core / stretching room
Why doesn’t this facility have a pool?
- Due to the large cost of constructing and annual operating costs, a pool is not financially viable. This was supported by a 2016 market feasibility study conducted with the community. Although it has been identified as a community want, the data concluded that there would not be enough demand to financially support a swimming pool.
- As part of our initial start-up plans, it is our focus to address an immediate critical community health need – access to health & well-being programs for youth, adults and families. As the facility grows, over time, we will be able to address other community needs.
Why are membership fees lower for the Adams branch?
- The membership pricing structure for Adams is based upon local community household income and the amenities available at the facility. As Adams County has the second-lowest per average household income in the state, coupled with fewer facility amenities than South Wood County, the membership rates are adjusted.
When/where does the Charter Membership sale start for the Adams location? What are the advantages of being a Charter membership?
- Charter Membership sales will begin the week of July 19th on the following dates, times and locations.
- At CREATE Adams County 159 E Ann Street, Adams
- July 19th, 21st, 23rd 12:00PM -4:00PM
- July 27th, 29th 8:30AM -12:30PM
- August 7th 8:00AM -12:00PM
- August 16th,18th, 20th 8:30AM – 12:30PM
- August 17th & 19th 12:00PM – 4:00PM
- Charter Members will enjoy….
- No Joiner Fee (up to a $60 savings)
- First Month (September) Free (up to $61 savings)
- Charter Member T-shirt (while supplies last)
- Immediate access to the South Wood County branch
- At CREATE Adams County 159 E Ann Street, Adams
How do I know which branch should be my “home” branch?
- Whichever facility you are utilizing the majority of the time (70% rule), this is where your home branch should be.
Is the Adams branch 24-hour access?
If I have a membership in Adams, do I have access to the Wisconsin Rapid’s branch as well as Nationwide access?
- Yes. You will have access to YMCAs nationwide as well as full member benefits at the Wisconsin Rapid’s location.
Are there any plans on expansion?
- We would love to be able to expand one day, which is why we’re building a new structure from the ground up, giving us the ability to add on in the future.
What are the restrictions of youth access at the Adams branch?
- During normal business hours….
- Youth 11 – 12 may use the facility under the supervision of a guardian.
- Youth 13 – 17 years old may use the facility on their own.
- After Hours or 24-Hour Use….
- Youth 13 – 17 may use the facility under the direct supervision of a guardian
- No youth under the age of 12 are permitted.
What will the hours of operation be for the Adams branch?
- Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Saturday 8:00AM -12:00PM
- During non-business hours, the facility will have 24-hour access accessibility.
What insurance memberships does the Adam’s facility participate in?
The Y is proud to work with several insurance programs that offer discounts, reimbursements, or even free memberships to their subscribers to support you on your journey to become healthier. It is highly recommended that you contact the number on your insurance card to see what specific benefits your insurance program offers.
INSURANCE SPONSORED MEMBERSHIP
- Renew Active
- With Renew Active you can access the Y with NO MEMBERSHIP COST TO YOU! To see if you are eligible or to learn more, visit myrenewactive.com or call the Customer Service number on the back of your United Healthcare member ID card.
- Renew Active: 9-digit code, starting with an “A” or an “S”
- Silver & Fit
- Silver&Fit® members have access to no-cost memberships. Health plans offer the Silver&Fit® program to eligible Medicare Advantage/Supplement beneficiaries and group retirees.
- Silver&Fit®: 8-digit code
- Silver Sneakers
- One of the largest senior-focused exercise programs in the United States, this partnership between HCD and HMOs allows Medicare-eligible members of these health plans to participate in YMCA programs at no additional cost. SilverSneakers® members at the Y receive the same membership benefits as our regular Y members.
- *Nationwide eligibility restrictions may apply.
- Silver Sneakers: 16-digit code, starting with 2300
- Participating location for Aspirus Arise and Medica
- To see if you qualify, start by calling the number on your insurance card. They will provide you with a code that can be brought into the Y, along with your ID, to get you enrolled.
If I am a member of the Wisconsin Rapids branch, am I able to use the Adams facility?
- Yes. You will be able to utilize the Adam’s facility during business hours. If you would like to utilize the Adam’s 24-hour access, you will need to purchase a 24-hour access key fob for Adams for $25 (one-time fee)
Where can I purchase a fob for the Adam’s branch?
- Key fobs may be purchase at our Adams/Wisconsin Rapids branches. Key fobs will not be ready for Charter Membership sales in July. A key tag will be issued to you upon activating your membership. You will receive a key fob on your first visit/first week of operations.