The general function of the part-time lifeguard position is to maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas for all patrons of the South Wood County YMCA. To positively communicate information on YMCA Total Health and other YMCA programs.
Job Type: Part-time
Skills & Qualifications
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Certification or Red Cross Lifeguard Training.
- Current state-approved first-aid certification.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- Must be observant, safety-conscious and able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency.
- Must be a minimum of 15 years old.
- Maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, on deck and surrounding areas.
- Prevent accidents by maintaining constant observation of the pool area, enforcing health and safety rules and maintaining emergency readiness.
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Complete incident and accident reports as required.
- Maintain effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff. Develop a rapport with members.
- Attend staff meetings and training as scheduled.
- Perform routine maintenance of the pool and surrounding areas, to ensure cleanliness.
- Check pool and rescue equipment and promptly report any problems.
- Set up and store equipment for recreational swims and assist instructors with class setup.
- Maintain records of pool chemical readings, adding chemicals to the pools if necessary.
- Take pool attendance and maintain related records as required.