For over 100 years, the YMCA has been one of America’s favorite swim instructors and a leader in water safety. Our proven curriculum and friendly environment enhance skills, all while having fun.
- We will be offering fee based youth programs for members and non-members.
- We will be limiting class sizes.
- We recommend one parent/adult per child into the building for the class.
- Social distancing of 6ft separation whenever possible will be enforced for all youth sports programming.
- As guidelines change, we will adapt and inform you as much as we can on our website and facebook page <click here>.
Fall Session 3 | October 30 – November 14
Winter Session 1 | November 30 – December 19
*Active Boys & Girls Club Members Receive Member Fee for Youth Programs
Register by calling 715.818.9622 or stop into the SWC YMCA in Wisconsin Rapids.
While swim lessons may look a little different for you and your family this year, please know we appreciate your flexibility and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times.
At the Y, swimming is a life skill. We offer a wide selection of parent & child, preschool, school age, teen, and adult swim lessons that build strong and confident swimmers. It uses a problem-solving, guided-discovery teaching approach in a positive, caring environment. All age groups are taught the same skills but divided according to their developmental milestones.
Accompanied by a parent*, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence-building experiences, while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision.
|Parent Child Swim Lessons »||Stages A & B||ages 6 months – 3 years|
Recommended skills for all to have around water
Students learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning two benchmark skills:
- Swim, float, swim – sequencing front glide, roll, back float, roll, front glide, and exit
- Jump, push, turn, grab
|Preschool Swim Lessons »
||Intro to Stage 1||ages 2 ½ – 3 years*|
|Preschool Swim Lessons »||Stages 1 – 3||ages 3 – 5 years
|Youth Swim Lessons »
||Stages 1 – 3||ages 5 – 13 years
Skills to support a healthy lifestyle
|Youth Swim Lessons »||Stages 4 – 6
Swim for the Fun of It