AUG 1, 2020 UPDATE | State Wide Face Mask Mandate
Per Governor Evers’ Executive Order 82, declaring a public health emergency, and corresponding Emergency Order 1 requiring face coverings in the state of Wisconsin through September 28, the South Wood County YMCA will begin requiring face coverings for all individuals inside our facilities.
Per the Governor’s mandate, effective SATURDAY, AUGUST 1, the South Wood County YMCA is requiring face coverings for everyone inside our facilities except:
- Children under the age of 5
- Individuals who have trouble breathing, especially during accelerated physical exertion activities
- Those with medical conditions that prevent wearing of a face covering
- Those who have mental health conditions, sensory sensitivities, or developmental disabilities
- While swimming, using aquatics facilities, or showering
- On-duty lifeguards
- While eating or drinking
- When an individual is speaking while leading an activity as long as they remain 6 feet from others
Based upon the exceptions noted in the executive order, we understand that some people will not be wearing a mask in the facility. As such, out of respect to their privacy, our staff will not be questioning them. Additionally, per the executive order, we ask that you please refrain from confronting fellow members.
Lastly, we believe preventing the spread of COVID-19 is a shared responsibility. Let’s work together to keep the Y a healthy place for everyone. Please use these tips to keep yourself and others healthy.
Stay home when you or your child are sick.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Clean all workout equipment and other frequently touched objects before and after every use.
Avoid close contact practice social distancing staying at least six feet away from others wherever possible.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
FACE MASKS required when entering and exiting the building and in common areas.
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation in keeping our communities safe and healthy.
To review a list of FAQ’s issued from the State of Wisconsin, click HERE.