At the Y your family is joining more than a gym, they’re joining a community committed to transforming lives – inside and out.
The Y provides:
• Volunteer and mentoring opportunities
• Free Drop-In Child Care with extended hours
• Family-focused special events and programs
• Access to a full size gym that will include 3 cross courts, 5 pickleball courts, and a volleyball court
• Members with continued access to priority program registration and reduced rates
• Access to a first rate aquatics center including; a 6 lane lap pool, family recreational pool with splash features, Two – 16ft rock climbing walls, warm water therapy pool, basketball hoops, whirlpool and sauna
• New and expanded nutrition programs in our Teaching Kitchen
• Expanded infant, toddler and junior pre-school for ages 6 weeks to 4 years, including an onsite WRPS 4K program
• 24-Hour Wellness Center Access in Port Edwards
• And so much more!
24-HOUR WELLNESS CENTER ACCESS
SWC YMCA is making access easier and more convenient for our adult members, age 19+, with 24 hour per day, 7 days per week, year-round access to our Wellness Center at our Port Edwards facility.
• 24-Hour Access at the Port Edwards facility only.
• Adult members, age 19+, may apply for Wellness Center Access at the Member Service desk in Wisconsin Rapids, during staffed hours of operations.
• 24-Hour Access is protected by a security and video surveillance system.
• Each adult member must purchase his/her own Key Fob to use to access the Wellness Center.
• Key Fob’s are a one time fee of $25.
Additional questions can be directed to the Y staff or call 715.818.9622
2021 MEMBERSHIP RATES
SINGLE ADULT MONTH $47.25 •
FAMILY MONTH $68.00 •
SINGLE PARENT FAMILY MONTH $57.00 •
SENIOR ADULT (62+) MONTH $43.75 •
YOUNG ADULT (Age 19-24) MONTH $31.50 •
YOUTH (Age 3-18) MONTH $17.75 •
SILVER & FIT, RENEW ACTIVE and SILVER SNEAKERS PROGRAMS (attention Medicare-eligible individuals)
What is Silver Sneakers? It’s a fitness program offered in partnership with Humana and AARP Insurance at no additional cost to Medicare-eligible members. Each member gets a FREE membership at the South Wood County YMCA. Stop at the Member Services desk for more information.
A fee of $60.00 for Adult & Family memberships and $25.00 for Youth & Young Adult memberships is required. The fee is a non-refundable, one-time entry fee that is charged to all new SWC YMCA memberships or memberships that have lapsed more than 30 days.
Memberships are on a monthly basis or may be paid in full for the year.
* Membership rate adjustments may occur annually with a 30 day notice.
Monthly drafts for memberships are continuous unless cancelled. (see below for cancellation process)
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Monthly Bank or Credit Card Draft – The YMCA will draft your checking, savings, or credit card (MasterCard or Visa) account on the fifth day of each month. A voided check or credit card information, your membership application plus one month payment and joiner fee are required to activate membership. Monthly bank or credit card memberships continue indefinitely.
Annual Payment – You can pay in full by credit card, personal check or cash.
To cancel a membership, notification needs to be given to member services by the 25th of the month, prior to your next draft.
If notice is given after the 25th, the next month’s membership fee will be taken out.
A photo ID is required. If you lose your card, a $3.00 replacement fee will be charged. Members are required to scan their cards each time they visit the YMCA. Scanning cards means better security and service to our members.
Being fit and healthy makes you feel better; employees who have a higher self-esteem are happier, more productive and come to work more regularly. Members of Corporate customers receive discounts and waived joiner’s fee. Call to find out if your company is currently a corporate customer or if not, and your company is interested, have a representative of the company call 75.818.9622 to receive more information.
MEMBERSHIP FOR ALL
We’re proud to ensure that the YMCA is accessible to everyone, and we never want anyone to be turned away for an inability to pay. For more information or scholarship assistance, please contact 75.818.9622 for a confidential meeting.
Financial Assistance is made possible through contributions to our Annual Campaign and support from the United Way.
Required to sign-in at the front desk before entering the building. A photo ID is required for all adults purchasing a day pass.
NATIONWIDE MEMBERSHIP Suspended Temporarily
YMCA members have the opportunity to use YMCA’s throughout the state. Simply present your YMCA card and photo ID at Member Services.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICIES
The SWC YMCA will always put the safety of its members, program participants and staff first when decisions need to be made concerning inclement weather. When inclement weather poses a threat, the YMCA may adjust or cancel scheduled hours of operation, programs and/or special events.
Cancellation of YMCA classes and/or programs will not be based upon local schools cancellations. We will make an independent decision based on our assessment of the weather. If we decide to cancel, we will notify by posting it on our Facebook page. There will be no refunds for classes missed if you decide not to attend.
If the YMCA is closed, has a delayed opening or will be closing early, announcements will be made on our website, our Facebook page and with the local media.