VOLUNTEER Application (click here)
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse
backgrounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
AmeriCorp Member Volunteer – Humke Elementary School
AmeriCorp Member Volunteer – Alexander Middle School
Working as a liaison between the teachers and employees of the after school program held at Alexander Middle School and Humke Elementary. The AmeriCorp member will provide homework assistance to students during and after the school day. The member will also assist with our 2018 summer school program in a similar capacity.
- Members must be at least 21 years of age by September 30, 2017.
- Members must have a HS Diploma or GED certificate.
- Members must be able to pass a criminal, FBI and DMV background check (Note: having a background does not automatically exclude them from membership).
- Members MUST attend orientation AND midterm training. Members cannot leave at any time during the training sessions.
- Members must accept position as a full-time priority over other jobs and be able to complete 1700 hours of service.
- Members should be available during the Nekoosa school day and school calendar.
- Members would also serve during the 2018 Nekoosa summer school program.
- Manage student behavior in a manner that is consistent with practices demonstrated by professional educators.
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure students are meeting educational goals.
- Engage students in activities developed by other professionals and take initiative to offer suggestions on meeting student educational needs.
- Provide supervision to students.
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness, while also being confidential to privileged information.
- Communicate and support educational goals to after school program personnel.
- Show professionalism and handle relationships with colleagues, students, and parents in a manner that is cheerful and tactful.
How to Apply
Send Letter of application, resume, and completed district application available at nekoosasd.net to: Tracy Vruwink, CLC Coordinator at email@example.com or drop off at Humke Elementary School
Job Posting Expiration Date: Open until filled.
- Living allowance paid every two weeks during term of service, September 4, 2013 – August 31, 2018, through the AmeriCorp program. Payments are approximately $485.77 every two weeks. Final payroll is determined by member’s tax status.
- Education award of $5,550 is provided upon successful completion of service.
- Childcare assistance is available based on household income eligibility (information provided on request).
- Basic individual health insurance plan for member only, no dental or eye provided by program.
- Mileage, meals and housing are provided for all required Marshfield Clinic AmeriCorps trainings and events.
- AmeriCorps service gear provided by program
The Nekoosa School District
The Nekoosa School District is a Pre-K – 12 public school system located in central Wisconsin, which serves students in the city of Nekoosa and townships of Armenia, Port Edwards, Rome, and Saratoga. Our district serves 1,250+ students within its four buildings. The mission of the Nekoosa School District is to develop students who excel academically, act responsibly, display good character and citizenship, and reason and solve problems rationally. We focus on preparing our students with the skills they will need to succeed in a global community.
The School District of Nekoosa does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected under State and Federal law including, but not limited to, sex, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability or handicap in any of its student programs and activities. Federal law prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, sex, or handicap in employment.
MEMBER SERVICES STAFF
South Wood County YMCA – Port Edwards & Wisconsin Rapids
The South Wood County YMCA is currently seeking help in our opening, closing and weekend shifts. This is a customer service and sales based position. Shifts run during regular hours of operation; M-F 4:30am-9:30pm, Weekends 6:30am-5:30pm.
Skills & Qualifications
- Perform daily functions of the membership services front desk using a friendly and enthusiastic demeanor
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred, but not required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Knowledge of computer systems; previous experience with Excel and Outlook a plus
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Ability to take initiative and respond to a variety of situations and manage several tasks and projects at the same time
- Must be able to efficiently operate a multi-line phone system, copier and fax machine
- Experience handling a cash drawer is preferred
- Conduct membership sales, program registration and updating member information through a database program
- Perform opening and closing procedures of the facility independently
- Build relationships with members
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and a complimentary adult membership. Application available on this webpage. Mail or Email applications are accepted firstname.lastname@example.org
PART TIME GYMNASTICS COACH
South Wood County YMCA – Port Edwards, WI
Candidate must be able to work with gymnasts from ages 7-18 and all skill levels. We are looking for a dependable, energetic and motivated gymnastics coach who knows how to properly spot tumbling, teach jumps and proper gymnastics technique and have tumbling experience. Previous gymnastics coaching experience a plus. This is a part-time permanent position with evening hours. Pay range is $8-10/hour. Pick up an application at either our Wisconsin Rapids or Port Edwards YMCA locations. Please return the application to the Port Edwards branch at 211 Wisconsin River Drive – Port Edwards – WI – 54469.
PART TIME LIFEGUARD
South Wood County YMCA – Port Edwards, WI
Looking for reliable people to lifeguard daytime, evening and/or weekend hours. Must be lifeguard certified for immediate employment, otherwise, if interested for future employment we will help certify. Must be 16 or older.
Pick up an application at either the Wisconsin Rapids or Port Edwards YMCA locations. Willing to certify and train the right candidate. For questions contact Andrea Burris at 715 818 6031 or email email@example.com
- To instruct and lead swim classes in an organized and professional manner. To promote respect for water safety as well as progression of swimming skills. To positively communicate information on YMCA Total Health and other YMCA programs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Certification or Red Cross Lifeguard Training; Current state approved first-aid certification; CPR for the Professional Rescuer; Current certification in Red Cross Water Safety Instruction preferred. Must be observant, safety conscious and able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency. Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
Effect on End Result
- Ensure the health and safety of all pool participants and promote a positive environment with children, staff and parents at the South Wood County YMCA.
For questions contact Doug Wickersham email firstname.lastname@example.org
CERTIFIED YOGA INSTRUCTOR
- To instruct and be knowledgeable regarding the type of Yoga class that is being taught. Build relationships and connect well with class participants while providing an optimal Yoga environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a fitness/wellness background and ability to individually and group instruct others.• Must hold appropriate Yoga Certification. • Should have a basic knowledge of body mechanics to know what effect the movements have on various major muscle groups in order to prevent injury. • Ability to motivate and lead others.• Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.• Ability to comply with all expectations and follow all procedures appropriately.• CPR/AED Certification required upon hire.• Healthy Lifestyle Principles Certification through the Y of the USA recommended within 6 months of hire.• Foundations of Group Exercise or Foundations of Strength and Conditioning Certification through the Y of the USA recommended within 6 months of hire.
- Always being an advocate for the Y • Lead classes following YMCA fitness standards.• Instruct using visual as well as verbal cueing in order to make the class easier to understand for anyone from the fitness novice to expert.• Develop positive relationships with members and provide motivational support and guidance.• Increase participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.• Attend staff meetings and approved trainings as required.• Ensure safe and effective workouts. Respond to, and report, accidents and incidents • Responsible for finding substitutes for classes in a timely manner.
Job Type: Part-time
GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
- Must have a fitness background and the ability to individually and group instruct others.
•Must hold appropriate certification if required to teach particular specialized classes.
•Should have a basic knowledge of body mechanics to know what effect the movements have on various major muscle groups in order to prevent injury.
•Ability to motivate and lead others.
•Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
•Ability to comply with all expectations and follow all procedures appropriately.
•CPR/AED Certification required upon hire.
•Healthy Lifestyle Principles Certification through the Y of the USA required within 6 months of hire.
•Foundations of Group Exercise or Foundations of Strength and Conditioning Certification through the Y of the USA required within 6 months of hire.
- Always be an advocate for the Y.
•Lead fitness and/or related classes following YMCA fitness standards.
•Instruct using visual as well as verbal cueing in order to make the class easier to understand for anyone from the fitness novice to expert.
•Instruct using both high and low impact options for the same movement in the class setting.
•Develop positive relationships with members and provide motivational support and guidance.
•Increase participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
•Attend staff meetings and approved trainings as required.
•Ensure safe and effective workouts. Respond to and report accidents and incidents.
•Responsible for finding substitutes for classes in a timely manner.
Pick up an application at either our Wisconsin Rapids or Port Edwards YMCA locations. Email applications will also be accepted.
Job Type: Part-time
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and a complimentary adult membership. Pick up an application at either our Wisconsin Rapids or Port Edwards YMCA locations.