Volunteers of the Y:
• Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
• Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
• Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, and smart life choices.
• Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
• Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse
backgrounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
MEMBER SERVICES STAFF
South Wood County YMCA – Port Edwards & Wisconsin Rapids
The South Wood County YMCA is currently seeking help in our opening, closing and weekend shifts. This is a customer service and sales based position. Shifts run during regular hours of operation; M-F 4:30am-9:30pm, Weekends 6:30am-5:30pm.
Skills & Qualifications
- Perform daily functions of the membership services front desk using a friendly and enthusiastic demeanor
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification preferred, but not required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Knowledge of computer systems; previous experience with Excel and Outlook a plus
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and to effectively communicate and problem solve
- Ability to take initiative and respond to a variety of situations and manage several tasks and projects at the same time
- Must be able to efficiently operate a multi-line phone system, copier and fax machine
- Experience handling a cash drawer is preferred
- Conduct membership sales, program registration and updating member information through a database program
- Perform opening and closing procedures of the facility independently
- Build relationships with members
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and a complimentary adult membership. Application available on this webpage. Mail or Email applications are accepted firstname.lastname@example.org
PART TIME GYMNASTICS COACH
South Wood County YMCA – Port Edwards, WI
Candidate must be able to work with gymnasts from ages 7-18 and all skill levels. We are looking for a dependable, energetic and motivated gymnastics coach who knows how to properly spot tumbling, teach jumps and proper gymnastics technique and have tumbling experience. Previous gymnastics coaching experience a plus. This is a part-time permanent position with evening hours. Pay range is $8-10/hour. Pick up an application at either our Wisconsin Rapids or Port Edwards YMCA locations. Please return the application to the Port Edwards branch at 211 Wisconsin River Drive – Port Edwards – WI – 54469.
PART TIME LIFEGUARD
- To maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas for all patrons of the South Wood County YMCA. To positively communicate information on YMCA Total Health and other YMCA programs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Certification or Red Cross Lifeguard Training; Current state approved first-aid certification; CPR for the Professional Rescuer. Must be observant, safety conscious and able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency. Must be a minimum of 15 years old.
- Maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, on deck and surrounding areas. Prevent accidents by maintaining constant observation of the pool area, enforcing health and safety rules and maintaining emergency readiness.
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Complete incident and accident reports as required.
- Maintain effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff. Develop rapport with members.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Perform routine maintenance of the pool and surrounding areas, to ensure cleanliness.
- Check pool and rescue equipment and promptly report any problems.
- Set up and store equipment for recreational swims and assist instructors with class set up.
- Maintain records of pool chemical readings, adding chemicals to the pools if necessary. Take pool attendance and maintain related records as required.
- To instruct and lead swim classes in an organized and professional manner. To promote respect for water safety as well as progression of swimming skills. To positively communicate information on YMCA Total Health and other YMCA programs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Certification or Red Cross Lifeguard Training; Current state approved first-aid certification; CPR for the Professional Rescuer; Current certification in Red Cross Water Safety Instruction preferred. Must be observant, safety conscious and able to react calmly and quickly in an emergency. Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
Effect on End Result
- Ensure the health and safety of all pool participants and promote a positive environment with children, staff and parents at the South Wood County YMCA.
CERTIFIED YOGA INSTRUCTOR
- To instruct and be knowledgeable regarding the type of Yoga class that is being taught. Build relationships and connect well with class participants while providing an optimal Yoga environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a fitness/wellness background and ability to individually and group instruct others.• Must hold appropriate Yoga Certification. • Should have a basic knowledge of body mechanics to know what effect the movements have on various major muscle groups in order to prevent injury. • Ability to motivate and lead others.• Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.• Ability to comply with all expectations and follow all procedures appropriately.• CPR/AED Certification required upon hire.• Healthy Lifestyle Principles Certification through the Y of the USA recommended within 6 months of hire.• Foundations of Group Exercise or Foundations of Strength and Conditioning Certification through the Y of the USA recommended within 6 months of hire.
- Always being an advocate for the Y • Lead classes following YMCA fitness standards.• Instruct using visual as well as verbal cueing in order to make the class easier to understand for anyone from the fitness novice to expert.• Develop positive relationships with members and provide motivational support and guidance.• Increase participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.• Attend staff meetings and approved trainings as required.• Ensure safe and effective workouts. Respond to, and report, accidents and incidents • Responsible for finding substitutes for classes in a timely manner.
Job Type: Part-time
GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTOR
- Must have a fitness background and the ability to individually and group instruct others.
•Must hold appropriate certification if required to teach particular specialized classes.
•Should have a basic knowledge of body mechanics to know what effect the movements have on various major muscle groups in order to prevent injury.
•Ability to motivate and lead others.
•Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
•Ability to comply with all expectations and follow all procedures appropriately.
•CPR/AED Certification required upon hire.
•Healthy Lifestyle Principles Certification through the Y of the USA required within 6 months of hire.
•Foundations of Group Exercise or Foundations of Strength and Conditioning Certification through the Y of the USA required within 6 months of hire.
- Always be an advocate for the Y.
•Lead fitness and/or related classes following YMCA fitness standards.
•Instruct using visual as well as verbal cueing in order to make the class easier to understand for anyone from the fitness novice to expert.
•Instruct using both high and low impact options for the same movement in the class setting.
•Develop positive relationships with members and provide motivational support and guidance.
•Increase participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
•Attend staff meetings and approved trainings as required.
•Ensure safe and effective workouts. Respond to and report accidents and incidents.
•Responsible for finding substitutes for classes in a timely manner.
Pick up an application at either our Wisconsin Rapids or Port Edwards YMCA locations. Email applications will also be accepted.
Job Type: Part-time
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and a complimentary adult membership. Pick up an application at either our Wisconsin Rapids or Port Edwards YMCA locations.