The South Wood County YMCA is a not-for-profit community service organization dedicated to enhancing the spirit, mind and body of all persons through quality leadership, programs, services and facilities. We greatly appreciate dedicated individuals who are willing to share their time and talents through volunteering!
Volunteer At The Y
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community.
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes.
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, and smart life choices.
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier.
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
Coach or Teacher
Position Description Coach our sports teams and/or teach clinics Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, and smart life choices. Extend a hand to help adults who want to...
Position Description Volunteers are needed to do a variety of cleaning such as: washing, drying and folding towels; cleaning exercise equipment in the wellness center; and janitorial duties
Position Description The greeter is part of a team responsible for the overall delivery of excellent customer service to all members, guests, and participants. The position is responsible for greeting and checking in of members, maintaining the cleanliness of the work...
Position Description Assist program coordinators by getting students through locker rooms in a timely manner Support swim instructors Assist in keeping locker rooms clean Manage the lost and found Facilitate locker room tours Greet and assist when needed members,...